Saturday, April 3, 2010

American danger

I saw this today:  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8601479.stm

Erykah Badu is being charged with disorderly conduct for taking off her clothes in public while filming a music video in Dallas.

The village police Sergeant says their department has had "people calling from all across the country to express their concern."

Tea party.

Really, they were bothered by the idea of a black woman who was confident enough in herself to take off her clothes in front of others?  I'd love to know, and broadcast, the full thoughts (such as they are) of these people who felt the need to call from the other side of the country.

Good Old Boy Cop also says "after much discussion, we feel that these charges best fit her conduct.  She disrobed in public without regard for individuals and small children who were close by."

You know what surprises me?  That we don't file charges against mothers who nurse their babies.  Those poor infants, being exposed to a breast.  Traumatized from the start, it's just not fair.  Since it is obvious that seeing anything within the Bikini Zone (i.e. the Devil's Art Studio) is horribly damaging to the human psyche.

I remember I saw part of a breast once and I felt a sudden urge to molest farm animals and eat children.  Good thing there was a Catholic church nearby that I could go confess in.  I told the profoundly sexually-stymied man on the other side of the screen all about my lascivious thoughts, and he, in his divinely-bestowed purity, healed me by making me annoy myself and erase my thoughts with repetition.  Good thing his divine purity made him immune to any sort of repercussions from totally ignoring and neglecting his sexuality.  Catholic priests: the models of ideal sexuality in humans.  There is a powerful argument for abstinence education and guilt.  We're learning.

Now, I haven't seen the video, or thought of Erykah Badu in about 10 years, but it seems to me that the only thing worth discussing here is whether it is pretentious and tacky for her to be drawing comparisons to the Kennedy assassination.  Taking of her clothes off is this big of a controversy?  Really?

Blech.  Enough of this crap, I'm going to go make a cup of tea.  Naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment